In this episode, we'll be talking to Barbra Gago, Founder and CEO at Pando, who has spent her career as a CMO building and scaling companies from pre-series A to scale-up mode. She brought companies like Culture Amp and Greenhouse to market, and prior to founding Pando, she was the CMO at Miro, leading the re-brand from RealtimeBoard to Miro and scaling the business from $3m to $50m in ARR in just under 2 years. We'll be discussing her experiences building teams across a wide variety of contexts and uncovering what it takes to create successful GTM motions and new categories for some of the world's best products.
- Differences in approach when hiring a founding team versus scaling an existing team
- The importance of finding the right balance between specialists and generalists
- The crossover between marketing and recruiting, and the importance of brand, structure, funnel, data, and pipelines
- The use of the "employee LTV" metric to think about compensation and retention
- The essential marketing roles for building a high-functioning organization and managing marketing people to outcomes
- Hiring for product-led growth (PLG) and the importance of data-focused and experimentation mindsets
- The differences between marketing and recruiting tools, and the misconceptions people often have about recruiting
- Experimenting with different categories to increase the value of the "people team" and making recruiting a more valuable function within organizations.